Friday, April 8, 2011

This Show has been cancelled... A post of reflection,

Well, he'es the rundown.. you've already seen my protocol, dates included. My wonderful husband will no longer be employed. In fact, today is his last official day, and then we run off his leave, and then.. nothing. His leave takes us to April 26th. According to Benefits Department, his insurance will run out April 30th.

For those that don't know - my trigger is May 1. Retrieval is May 3rd. Transfer will be May 6 - 8th. Anything after April 30th, will NOT be covered. That's about $10,000 of services. Also, that doesn't include the post-transfer monitoring - the blood tests  ($95 a pop x3) and then the ultrasounds if i am pregnant - those are roughly $300 each.

My heart is breaking - with all that has been going on - Not having an income, not knowing where we will live.. somehow, going through this cycle made me feel calm in knowing that everything will be okay. Somehow, for reasons unknown, my thought process was "just get us through this cycle, if we can just go through this cycle, everything else will be okay, no matter what the outcome."

Yes, even if the IVF doesn't work, I will feel okay knowing that we gave it a shot, we didn't pass up on our possibly last chance to have a baby. It's crazy, with all the other things going on, I have trained myself to remain calm. In fact, the ability to stay calm came to me during our last IVF.

After my second failed IUI, I spiraled into a very dark place. By the time the IVF came around, I had gotten laid off, and I looked up to God, and I found peace with the fact that "it is what it is". I had no control, and I knew that God would give me a baby if he wanted me to have one. He gave us the challenge of IVF, to allow for us to appreciate, and cherish what is important in life. To give us perspective.. And now? I must do the same. 2008 was a big year for me mentally and emotionally. I let go of bad feelings I had been harboring from the past. I made the conscious decision to forgive those whom I felt had hurt me so deeply.

I went into that IVF, and my pregnancy, and my birth - calm, centered, and at peace and grateful for it all. Perhaps in the time my daughter has been in my life, I have become less appreciative, and somewhat ungrateful. Perhaps I have just expected some things, and I've lost some of that. I'm writing this as the thoughts come to me...


I called today, to see about moving up my cycle.. but the more I think about it.. Even if the cycle was moved up, we would not be able to afford the monitoring afterwards. I just... I don't know. My heart is aching from the pain of knowing that our last chance at a baby is lost, and I am angry about that, but then at the same time, I KNOW God has a plan, and if it was meant to be, it will be. He has taken care of us so far, and He will continue to do so. I just wish I could find peace with this and move on. Right now, my urge is to call Shady Grove, and tell them I am cancelling my cycle. I will wait.. i will wait until I absolutely have to, because, until then, the only thing going on is that I'm on BCP.

So - for now, I guess I'm going back to packing my house, and taking care of my sick daughter, who has a cold and is quite cranky.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Michele! I want to be your cheerleader and tell you it will be okay and somehow it will work the way it is supposed to because we have similar beliefs in that God knows our plan but I can't. Not right now. Right now, my heart is breaking with yours. I remember all too well the hope that goes into each cycle and to have that swiped away is all but devastating. I hate that dealing with IF is hard and because of money and rules and insurance or lack of, it is so much harder. I will pray that there is a solution or peace or for a glimpse of the plan. I'm here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, I get how hard this is. Maybe what God has in store for you is better than this cycle being rushed, or you guys being even further strapped with the costs that would come after May 1. No one can tell that now, I'm just thinking of what someone said to me the other day about God not closing a door without opening a window. I'm praying for you, your job situation, moving situation, and the IVF situation. Hang in there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award, so pop on over and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete